As often as possible I try to incorporate the following eco-friendly and green products into my office / lab / work-space.
- 80% Tree-free paper (made from wheat straw waste – www.stepforwardpaper.com) when printing letters for patients, doctors and insurance companies
- Le Page low VOC and low odour water-based contact cement for on-site adjustments
- CleanWell all-natural hand sanitizer spray that doesn’t contain Benzalkonium Choride (BAC) or Triclosan
- all “scrap” materials I trim off the orthotics are recycled
- patient files are “paperless” and new documents are scanned right into the computer. Old files are shredded and recycled.
- In Milton I work in the “GreenLife Business Centre”. This is an eco-friendly development with ground source (Geo-thermal) heating and cooling, on-grid electricity from solar arrays and solar-powered parking lot lighting.